When opportunity knocks, the knocking get my mojo dancing and romancing. I spent a wonderful weekend performing sets at Lizian Events Well Being Show. Liz and Ian have given me a fantastic opportunity and challenge to explore and perform ‘Earth Tree Healing’ music live. I embraced, I rehearsed, I took essential hooks and melodies from my repertoire. I improvised and jammed it out, surrounded by stall holders, mediums, the public, ghosts. I premiered this live debut and it felt really good. The trance is the dance of music. With closed eyes a new chapter was born. Electronic tambura, acoustic. This opportunity to reach new audiences cemented how much I do enjoy live performance. Solo or in bands.
Watch: Guitar, keyboards and loop pedal improv
I’d decided from the conception that live meant ‘live.’ Solo recreation of home studio multi tracking of instruments, without cheating to backing tracks. Music is vibrational and gravitational. Using real instruments is satisfying. The feel, the sweat. even ghosts love music. Armed with a loop pedal, my acoustic guitar, digital piano and hand pan drum.
Watch: Tambura, Acoustic Guitar, Handpan Drumming
I’d had a reflexology session with Chandu Solanki on Saturday. Walking on air and tranquility. Sunday. Tamra Butler @ TamPara shoulder/back massage, unblocking stuff and her gifts which are magic, sent me off into land beyond time in a very good way. I ended up almost creating a new album during my 2nd set of the day. Wellbeing and wellness doing what one loves.
Thank you all for the great feedback too! – Claudine
Experience The Celebration, The Ritual, The Beauty.
8 Sabbats’ by Earth Tree Healing is the 6th release from Composer/Multi-Instrumentalist Claudine West. This New Age instrumental album celebrates The Wheel of the Year, salutes the Equinoxes, Solstices and Harvest Festivals. From relaxing meditation music to dancing around a Beltane fire. For fans of good vibrations. Claudine meditated and channelled energies to capture the essence of each Sabbat/track. Available from digital stores (iTunes, Amazon Music, Spotify, Google Play etc) and on CD, October 31st 2017.
The Wheel of the Year (on the traditional Pagan calendar) begins at Samhain. Also known as All Hallows Eve/Halloween. It includes Celtic Festivals with the annual cycle of Solstices, Equinoxes and Festivals. We celebrate the suns transition, fertility, harvests, fire, creativity. We honour the past year and plan the future..
‘Music is a portal. My inspiration for this album, being Pagan. Was to connect further musically with Gaia, our traditions, the history and practices. Honouring the Earth, Nature, Tradition and Spirit. Journey through this musical wheel, from a Pianissimo to its Crescendo, like nature. Feel it, breathe it, let the quiver and the cadence flow. It is the Earth, the Air, the Sky, the Water, the Fire, the Spirits, the Energies…I am grateful for what I have. With our cats often sitting in on recording sessions. As a musician at Claudsville Studios. I sit back, meditate upon the intention and let the vibrations take over. I’m the puppet of improvisation and flow. My guitars, mandolin, bass, sitar, auto harp…Adding piano and keyboards, sounds, frequencies. I am a conduit. Conscious thinking departs. During the composing and recording process, I channel the energies, the essence. I find this experience blissful. I ascend, I dance, I meditate, my fingers flow creating universal vibrations. Blessed be’
Journey through this musical wheel, from a Pianissimo to a Crescendo, like nature. Feel it, breathe it, let the quiver and the cadence flow.It is the Earth, the Air, the Sky, the Water, the Fire, the Spirits, the Energies…
1. Samhain (31st October) As summer ends, we enter the dark half of the year. The vale is thin between our world and the other world. Also known as All Saints Day and Halloween. Samhain is a personal journey I undertake to Wales, with family. Our descendants who reside in the Summerlands gather and dine. Rituals, Divination. Candles burn until they disappear. This is our time together. As the Wheel of the Year continues. We are thankful of the harvests this year. We carve pumpkins, make pumpkin fritters with brown sugar. With a leg of lamb with the roast. The head of the table is laid and dines with us. We place our candles there for our loved ones. This blue library room is where we congregate. Pudding is apples and plenty of brandy for pudding Samhain.
In the years that have passed. I’ve cried, I’ve overcome. I miss them when they visit and offer support and advise… Good advice! We’ve all discussed what needed to be. From the books… we learned more through divination, than they told read cover to cover. With warmth into darkness. We walked through flames and overcame. We planned, rescued, supported. Where lectures helped awaken. Our hand fasting date on 1st April 2011 came from Samhain. Being part of this something has been welcomed and fabulous. I’m writing this, as am on the brink of my own evolution into bliss. Belief, small steps, giant bounds. The truth and a little help from my loved ones in spirit, got me here right now. Thank you. Oh and enjoy the music 🎶
2. Yule (21st December) The Winter Solstice. The shortest day. It’s time for us to light the Yule log. Celebrate the rebirth of the sun. Watch the fire crackle, bring warmth and hot soup for the soul. Settle with the cats as the evenings get darker and magical. We prepare our intents for the coming year of new adventures. As a child the excitement of the winter snow has never left me. The white blanket that comforts. Present giving and seeing the surprise and gratitude is wonderful feeling. I’m hoping with a little help from the law of attraction, 2018 will bring a Hurdy – Gurdy 😉 (Luckily we just got given a free hot tub!) This time has also been spent with our circle in Wales. With this track I wanted to enhance that magical feeling. The peeping from under the covers. Rebirth in the Solstice sun.
3. Imbolc (1st-2nd February) Following what feels like the damp, dark month of January, the land awakens with the beginning of spring. Where udders lactate. Receive blessings from the Goddess Brigid. This is the time for creativity, inspiration, initiations and music making. (Claudine filmed the video of beautiful skies on a flight back to the UK from a trip to California and Nevada in October 2017)
4. Ostara (21st March) (Spring Equinox)From the North to the East to the South to the West. This is the Spring Equinox. The first day of spring in the northern hemisphere. If Imbolc was a breath on the wind …Ostara is the refresh. The jolt, the spark, the greenery. Life comes alive. The rebirth of nature. The fertile 5 elements of Earth, Air, Fire, Water and Spirit combine for growth. The Cross, the Wheel of the Year. Night and day are almost equal. I love this time of year as it’s the big wake up. The flowers begin to bloom. Colour returns. This is a personal favourite on this album. This track has orchestral instrument arrangements such as French Horns and Clarinets. Whilst a big fan of using the Harp. I put in the pulse of rhythms for this true awakening and celebration.
5. Beltane (30th April-1st May) The festival of fire. This is the beginning of summer. Known as May Day. Bonfires are lit to honour the sun for future harvests. Originating from the Celtic God ‘Bel’ (The Bright One). The rhythm. With guitar, mandolin and drums. This track encapsulates the power and the passion. Dance round the maypole in the wild. Here is a clip of me recording a guitar part.
6. Litha (Summer Solstice) (21st June) With the longest day and the shortest night. The sun is at its Zenith. The Fire Festival with The Sun God. Stonehenge gatherers celebrate midsummer with rituals. This was the first track I composed and recorded for 8 Sabbats. Happy times, sunshine and excitement.
7. Lammas Lughnasadh (1st August)The prelude, first harvest of the season. The festival of the cutting of the grain. From the Irish God ‘Lugh.’ This music for a medieval feast. Don’t forget to make Corn Dollies!
8. Mabon (21 September) (Autumn Equinox) Night and day are of equal length during this harvest festival. Reap what you sow. Be grateful for the blessings that you have. Process the past year, plan your future.As we head into Autumn. I like to get my blankets out, burn lots of candle and romance in the atmosphere. While the leaves will fall. The greens turn into beautiful oranges, red and yellows. The air freshens. A purity in the crisp mornings with the lowering sun. (Filmed 12.08.17 on Cromford Canal Matlock, England. Thank you http://www.cromfordcanal.info/ for the canal boat trip.)
Meditate, relax, dance, celebrate and love ~ Claudine
‘Seeking solace from mind chatter. Music heals. In these moments I sit a protective circle of inner peace on a beautiful prairie. Where cotton floats in the breeze under a metallic blue sky. An emerald forest, where ferns caress as I pass. I reach the beach. This place is golden and blissful. The waves gently tantalise the shoreline. The air I breathe is fresh, it revitalises me. I close my eyes and inhale deeply. I am grateful for amazing during this alive time in this body in this life.’
When I close my eyes and channel energies. A comfort blanket of darkness envelops me and I drift. I drift to pure relaxation. Upon waking body and mind are calm. I feel good. Coping with everyday stresses I now tolerate. Coping with the other things.. It gives me comfort and strength. I regularly speak to Angels. I ask for help, advice and sunshine.’ Enjoy.
Close your eyes, get comfortable, focus on your breathing and let this music help you connect, travel, relax, vision quest, explore, communicate…
‘The album is relaxation sustenance for the soul. Great for Yoga, meditation and chilling out. From the opening track ‘Guardian Angel’ to the deep and cosmic ‘Metatron.’ I listen to this when I travel, can’t sleep and practice Reiki. Connecting with the angels is a journey to embrace. I’ve found a deeper inner peace. Reassurance that we can ask for help, guidance, protection. This is the sounds of blue skies that break through dark clouds and show the sunshine. The smell of freshly mown grass after the rain. The crystal clarity of visions during meditations. The signs. The calm. There is also the first album to try. P.S. Also good while doing the housework!’
The tracks Guardian Angel, Ariel and Metatron are tuned to 432HZ. Some say this frequency vibrates with the Universe I personally, (during the mixing and mastering process) compared these 3 tracks to the usual 440HZ tuning and found the experiences to be more relaxing at 432HZ.
Released digitally 25th February 2017. This follows ‘The Journey’ a collaboration with Sally Wathen at Rainbow Bridge, who always makes me feel better everytime we visit. She helps confirm that making music is my path, ignoring that path is not an option. Which is why once I invested in new studio equipment after my old Fostex machine retired by both effectively ‘dying’ on me after 20 years. I’ve invested in Logic Pro X and am learning its use step by step by watching Youtube videos as lack a good attention span with I worked mostly evening and weekends around my day job. Inspired and indulging in blissful musical quiet times making these albums.
I recorded the Journey. One of my first ventures into Guided Meditation Music with Sally Wathen at Rainbow Bridge. Sally is mine and Ange’s Yoda. Even when life is giving lemons, Mercury is in retrograde, lessons are being taught or negative being sent – Sally make us feel alright, motivated and back on the mission. This album is dedicated to Doug (Sallys late partner) who always lent his dry humour, warm hospitality and great cooking at her Psychic Suppers.
I made this journey in 2016. Connecting with Angels. Channelling feelings, energy, wisdom. Their insights into a beautiful realm, earthbound, skywards. The heavenly vibrations. As a composer I meditated and let the notes and beauty of this work simply flow. My intentions are for you the listener to experience a blissful soundscape that enables connection, divine messages, relaxation and healing. Enjoy – Claudine West 2016
Available on digital stores inc. Spotify, Deezer, Amazon.
Angels surround us. Watch upon us. Protect, advise, comfort. When I call upon Archangels. I sit, I close my eyes, I meditate. I dream, I see. I feel safe. I ask, I see answers. Music helps channel, music inspires, music unlocks. Music is creation and makes vibrations. When you receive messages and experience divine beauty and guidance. Through your own belief system. You can access when you simply ask for help and guidance. Tap into the important messages. Enjoy.
Archangel Gabriel: Ask for guidance and messages, communication. Helps you to understand a situation.