Blood Moon. The longest Lunar Eclipse. 103 minutes 27th July 2018.
A few years ago. I sat in the cool night air on The Tor with Druids in Glastonbury watching the Blood Moon. It was eerie, magical with dance, ceremony, worship, celebration, intent.
Presently. The heatwave, where in the UK we do not all have air conditioning – We have resorted to sitting in the car by the river eating veggie homemade samosas – (Thanks Dulcie) with air con on full blast = blissful but very temporary.
Last night. Slumber was encompassing, frayed temper loomed, sweat, humidity, parched lawns. The want for rain and fresh air was overwhelming. The storms were forecast. Bar a few flashes and rumbles, still no rain at our house. I sat in front of he keys in the studio..with an urge. This ‘suggestion’ had been suggesting itself for a few days. Our cats were leaping up as per usual. The actual end of the track has 2 random piano notes. This is courtesy of Rambo cat who jumped on the keyboard.
I chose a Mellotron, combined with strings, marimba and piano. This track effortlessly but humbly arrived after a couple of improvised takes on each instrument. This is just the way with something is bursting to come out. No bragging rights as these things just channel from ones fingers via the Claudsville creative portal.
Piano take Blood Moon
Blood Moon by Earth Tree Healing
The Blood Moon is tonight. Here is its accompaniment.
Experience The Celebration, The Ritual, The Beauty.
8 Sabbats’ by Earth Tree Healing is the 6th release from Composer/Multi-Instrumentalist Claudine West. This New Age instrumental album celebrates The Wheel of the Year, salutes the Equinoxes, Solstices and Harvest Festivals. From relaxing meditation music to dancing around a Beltane fire. For fans of good vibrations. Claudine meditated and channelled energies to capture the essence of each Sabbat/track. Available from digital stores (iTunes, Amazon Music, Spotify, Google Play etc) and on CD, October 31st 2017.
‘Music is a portal. My inspiration for this album, being Pagan. Was to connect further musically with Gaia, our traditions, the history and practices. Honouring the Earth, Nature, Tradition and Spirit. Journey through this musical wheel, from a Pianissimo to its Crescendo, like nature. Feel it, breathe it, let the quiver and the cadence flow. It is the Earth, the Air, the Sky, the Water, the Fire, the Spirits, the Energies…I am grateful for what I have. With our cats often sitting in on recording sessions. As a musician at Claudsville Studios. I sit back, meditate upon the intention and let the vibrations take over. I’m the puppet of improvisation and flow. My guitars, mandolin, bass, sitar, auto harp…Adding piano and keyboards, sounds, frequencies. I am a conduit. Conscious thinking departs. During the composing and recording process, I channel the energies, the essence. I find this experience blissful. I ascend, I dance, I meditate, my fingers flow creating universal vibrations. Blessed be’
Journey through this musical wheel, from a Pianissimo to a Crescendo, like nature. Feel it, breathe it, let the quiver and the cadence flow.It is the Earth, the Air, the Sky, the Water, the Fire, the Spirits, the Energies…
1. Samhain (31st October) As summer ends, we enter the dark half of the year. The vale is thin between our world and the other world. Also known as All Saints Day and Halloween. Samhain is a personal journey I undertake to Wales, with family. Our descendants who reside in the Summerlands gather and dine. Rituals, Divination. Candles burn until they disappear. This is our time together. As the Wheel of the Year continues. We are thankful of the harvests this year. We carve pumpkins, make pumpkin fritters with brown sugar. With a leg of lamb with the roast. The head of the table is laid and dines with us. We place our candles there for our loved ones. This blue library room is where we congregate. Pudding is apples and plenty of brandy for pudding Samhain.
In the years that have passed. I’ve cried, I’ve overcome. I miss them when they visit and offer support and advise… Good advice! We’ve all discussed what needed to be. From the books… we learned more through divination, than they told read cover to cover. With warmth into darkness. We walked through flames and overcame. We planned, rescued, supported. Where lectures helped awaken. Our hand fasting date on 1st April 2011 came from Samhain. Being part of this something has been welcomed and fabulous. I’m writing this, as am on the brink of my own evolution into bliss. Belief, small steps, giant bounds. The truth and a little help from my loved ones in spirit, got me here right now. Thank you. Oh and enjoy the music 🎶
2. Yule (21st December) The Winter Solstice. The shortest day. It’s time for us to light the Yule log. Celebrate the rebirth of the sun. Watch the fire crackle, bring warmth and hot soup for the soul. Settle with the cats as the evenings get darker and magical. We prepare our intents for the coming year of new adventures. As a child the excitement of the winter snow has never left me. The white blanket that comforts. Present giving and seeing the surprise and gratitude is wonderful feeling. I’m hoping with a little help from the law of attraction, 2018 will bring a Hurdy – Gurdy 😉 (Luckily we just got given a free hot tub!) This time has also been spent with our circle in Wales. With this track I wanted to enhance that magical feeling. The peeping from under the covers. Rebirth in the Solstice sun.
3. Imbolc (1st-2nd February) Following what feels like the damp, dark month of January, the land awakens with the beginning of spring. Where udders lactate. Receive blessings from the Goddess Brigid. This is the time for creativity, inspiration, initiations and music making. (Claudine filmed the video of beautiful skies on a flight back to the UK from a trip to California and Nevada in October 2017)
4. Ostara (21st March) (Spring Equinox)From the North to the East to the South to the West. This is the Spring Equinox. The first day of spring in the northern hemisphere. If Imbolc was a breath on the wind …Ostara is the refresh. The jolt, the spark, the greenery. Life comes alive. The rebirth of nature. The fertile 5 elements of Earth, Air, Fire, Water and Spirit combine for growth. The Cross, the Wheel of the Year. Night and day are almost equal. I love this time of year as it’s the big wake up. The flowers begin to bloom. Colour returns. This is a personal favourite on this album. This track has orchestral instrument arrangements such as French Horns and Clarinets. Whilst a big fan of using the Harp. I put in the pulse of rhythms for this true awakening and celebration.
5. Beltane (30th April-1st May) The festival of fire. This is the beginning of summer. Known as May Day. Bonfires are lit to honour the sun for future harvests. Originating from the Celtic God ‘Bel’ (The Bright One). The rhythm. With guitar, mandolin and drums. This track encapsulates the power and the passion. Dance round the maypole in the wild. Here is a clip of me recording a guitar part.
6. Litha (Summer Solstice) (21st June) With the longest day and the shortest night. The sun is at its Zenith. The Fire Festival with The Sun God. Stonehenge gatherers celebrate midsummer with rituals. This was the first track I composed and recorded for 8 Sabbats. Happy times, sunshine and excitement.
7. Lammas Lughnasadh (1st August)The prelude, first harvest of the season. The festival of the cutting of the grain. From the Irish God ‘Lugh.’ This music for a medieval feast. Don’t forget to make Corn Dollies!
8. Mabon (21 September) (Autumn Equinox) Night and day are of equal length during this harvest festival. Reap what you sow. Be grateful for the blessings that you have. Process the past year, plan your future.As we head into Autumn. I like to get my blankets out, burn lots of candle and romance in the atmosphere. While the leaves will fall. The greens turn into beautiful oranges, red and yellows. The air freshens. A purity in the crisp mornings with the lowering sun. (Filmed 12.08.17 on Cromford Canal Matlock, England. Thank you http://www.cromfordcanal.info/ for the canal boat trip.)
Meditate, relax, dance, celebrate and love ~ Claudine