On my birthday. Waking up in our E-den Camping Cabin, going for a wander. Recording the birdsong while looking at the Glastonbury Tor. We love Somerset. Inspired, I made this music to accompany. From my forthcoming 2018 album to be released on 30th May. Written, performed, recorded by Claudine West (Earth Tree Healing)
Currently exclusive to Bandcamp.
Watch the making of Glastonbury at Claudsville Studios.
I was in San Francisco, October 2017 during the wildfires, the fear, the tragedy, the smoky air, watching it live on the news. Unprecedented destruction. I wanted to capture quickening, the forces of nature…I never forget the burning..thoughts and prayers and healing.
I currently working on my new instrumental album ‘Candle Gardeners’ which will be released on my Birthday, May 30th 2018.
Experience The Celebration, The Ritual, The Beauty.
8 Sabbats’ by Earth Tree Healing is the 6th release from Composer/Multi-Instrumentalist Claudine West. This New Age instrumental album celebrates The Wheel of the Year, salutes the Equinoxes, Solstices and Harvest Festivals. From relaxing meditation music to dancing around a Beltane fire. For fans of good vibrations. Claudine meditated and channelled energies to capture the essence of each Sabbat/track. Available from digital stores (iTunes, Amazon Music, Spotify, Google Play etc) and on CD, October 31st 2017.
The Wheel of the Year (on the traditional Pagan calendar) begins at Samhain. Also known as All Hallows Eve/Halloween. It includes Celtic Festivals with the annual cycle of Solstices, Equinoxes and Festivals. We celebrate the suns transition, fertility, harvests, fire, creativity. We honour the past year and plan the future..
‘Music is a portal. My inspiration for this album, being Pagan. Was to connect further musically with Gaia, our traditions, the history and practices. Honouring the Earth, Nature, Tradition and Spirit. Journey through this musical wheel, from a Pianissimo to its Crescendo, like nature. Feel it, breathe it, let the quiver and the cadence flow. It is the Earth, the Air, the Sky, the Water, the Fire, the Spirits, the Energies…I am grateful for what I have. With our cats often sitting in on recording sessions. As a musician at Claudsville Studios. I sit back, meditate upon the intention and let the vibrations take over. I’m the puppet of improvisation and flow. My guitars, mandolin, bass, sitar, auto harp…Adding piano and keyboards, sounds, frequencies. I am a conduit. Conscious thinking departs. During the composing and recording process, I channel the energies, the essence. I find this experience blissful. I ascend, I dance, I meditate, my fingers flow creating universal vibrations. Blessed be’
Journey through this musical wheel, from a Pianissimo to a Crescendo, like nature. Feel it, breathe it, let the quiver and the cadence flow.It is the Earth, the Air, the Sky, the Water, the Fire, the Spirits, the Energies…
1. Samhain (31st October) As summer ends, we enter the dark half of the year. The vale is thin between our world and the other world. Also known as All Saints Day and Halloween. Samhain is a personal journey I undertake to Wales, with family. Our descendants who reside in the Summerlands gather and dine. Rituals, Divination. Candles burn until they disappear. This is our time together. As the Wheel of the Year continues. We are thankful of the harvests this year. We carve pumpkins, make pumpkin fritters with brown sugar. With a leg of lamb with the roast. The head of the table is laid and dines with us. We place our candles there for our loved ones. This blue library room is where we congregate. Pudding is apples and plenty of brandy for pudding Samhain.
In the years that have passed. I’ve cried, I’ve overcome. I miss them when they visit and offer support and advise… Good advice! We’ve all discussed what needed to be. From the books… we learned more through divination, than they told read cover to cover. With warmth into darkness. We walked through flames and overcame. We planned, rescued, supported. Where lectures helped awaken. Our hand fasting date on 1st April 2011 came from Samhain. Being part of this something has been welcomed and fabulous. I’m writing this, as am on the brink of my own evolution into bliss. Belief, small steps, giant bounds. The truth and a little help from my loved ones in spirit, got me here right now. Thank you. Oh and enjoy the music 🎶
2. Yule (21st December) The Winter Solstice. The shortest day. It’s time for us to light the Yule log. Celebrate the rebirth of the sun. Watch the fire crackle, bring warmth and hot soup for the soul. Settle with the cats as the evenings get darker and magical. We prepare our intents for the coming year of new adventures. As a child the excitement of the winter snow has never left me. The white blanket that comforts. Present giving and seeing the surprise and gratitude is wonderful feeling. I’m hoping with a little help from the law of attraction, 2018 will bring a Hurdy – Gurdy 😉 (Luckily we just got given a free hot tub!) This time has also been spent with our circle in Wales. With this track I wanted to enhance that magical feeling. The peeping from under the covers. Rebirth in the Solstice sun.
3. Imbolc (1st-2nd February) Following what feels like the damp, dark month of January, the land awakens with the beginning of spring. Where udders lactate. Receive blessings from the Goddess Brigid. This is the time for creativity, inspiration, initiations and music making. (Claudine filmed the video of beautiful skies on a flight back to the UK from a trip to California and Nevada in October 2017)
4. Ostara (21st March) (Spring Equinox)From the North to the East to the South to the West. This is the Spring Equinox. The first day of spring in the northern hemisphere. If Imbolc was a breath on the wind …Ostara is the refresh. The jolt, the spark, the greenery. Life comes alive. The rebirth of nature. The fertile 5 elements of Earth, Air, Fire, Water and Spirit combine for growth. The Cross, the Wheel of the Year. Night and day are almost equal. I love this time of year as it’s the big wake up. The flowers begin to bloom. Colour returns. This is a personal favourite on this album. This track has orchestral instrument arrangements such as French Horns and Clarinets. Whilst a big fan of using the Harp. I put in the pulse of rhythms for this true awakening and celebration.
5. Beltane (30th April-1st May) The festival of fire. This is the beginning of summer. Known as May Day. Bonfires are lit to honour the sun for future harvests. Originating from the Celtic God ‘Bel’ (The Bright One). The rhythm. With guitar, mandolin and drums. This track encapsulates the power and the passion. Dance round the maypole in the wild. Here is a clip of me recording a guitar part.
6. Litha (Summer Solstice) (21st June) With the longest day and the shortest night. The sun is at its Zenith. The Fire Festival with The Sun God. Stonehenge gatherers celebrate midsummer with rituals. This was the first track I composed and recorded for 8 Sabbats. Happy times, sunshine and excitement.
7. Lammas Lughnasadh (1st August)The prelude, first harvest of the season. The festival of the cutting of the grain. From the Irish God ‘Lugh.’ This music for a medieval feast. Don’t forget to make Corn Dollies!
8. Mabon (21 September) (Autumn Equinox) Night and day are of equal length during this harvest festival. Reap what you sow. Be grateful for the blessings that you have. Process the past year, plan your future.As we head into Autumn. I like to get my blankets out, burn lots of candle and romance in the atmosphere. While the leaves will fall. The greens turn into beautiful oranges, red and yellows. The air freshens. A purity in the crisp mornings with the lowering sun. (Filmed 12.08.17 on Cromford Canal Matlock, England. Thank you http://www.cromfordcanal.info/ for the canal boat trip.)
Meditate, relax, dance, celebrate and love ~ Claudine
How did this turn into such horror….???? After playing a gig at The DH Lawrence Festival with dry ice. We ended up back our ours talking people’s dark secrets, conspiracies, truths over a few bottles of “d d d d d d d d d..Prosecco” and kebabs. With our imminant debut Strange Currencies album about to be released. We discussed why we are the monsters… ‘Making Monsters‘
… I was descending down a hill on a bus with fog surrounding the trees. It was so vivid and white. Quite beautiful, I took a photo.
A rabid monkey thing suddenly jumped on the bus and started attacking us all. I was grabbing and flinging them off.
Then this world around us changed. So began the decimation.
This was the beginning of the apocalypse. We were holed up in a house. I was summoned outside. Just me…. A tribe/gang were waiting.
I discovered they were after Ange. Will Robinson (music promoter from I’m Not From London) held them off by delaying then.
We initially escaped. Travelled north and ate tapas. Finding the label of something lovely in a jar stating Sainsbury’s. I made a mental note to get some.
For some idiotic reason we ended up back at that house. They came back. With fishing rods this time. Surrounding us, trying to blend in. I ran to the room where she sat. Defeated. I said “Fill your pockets with crystals”
Even thought they wanted to kill Ange. (As she owed them and hadn’t paid up) They didn’t know what she looked like though. We escaped via a lilo and got dragged through the sea grasping onto another boat.
Driven by some form of terminator robot thing. We ended up beached on a sand bank with washed up ships full of live fish..
I woke gasping, then counting my blessings. This is all in an average nights dream session. I could live these lives and if I never woke. That would be my eternal reality. A mind sponge that the subconscious goes rabid with! #howmydreamsgetmade dry ice = fog. The monkeys things must have mutated from watching ‘Men In Black’ last night had lunch yesterday at The Full Moon Pub in Morton. Eating a really tasty starter of olives, bread, balsamic vinegar and (the red jar in dream I suspect) sundried tomatoes mixed up with olive oil. Commenting how lush it was and we should make at home. With me also watching a lot of hurricane footage (stranded ships) my constant need to escape. (lots of career changing/concentration of music making discussions and action taken lately a big need for change and day job motivation) The clarity is rewl. Even though my eyes now are adjusting in my 40 from short vision to long vision. I’m not ready for bifocals or seperate reading glasses yet. So suffer a sligh blurr. Ange calls me ‘Old Bitch!’ We chorle as my hair greys a little more. As the need for adventure and escape to the country grows. Action is taken towards this… With a little help from the universe and law of attraction ofcourse…I find it incredibly draining and at times soul destroying doing day job and my passion and calling. But the bills have to be paid and I’m lucky to work in a decent job where I get looked after.
With all other dream fuel drip fed, blended and spat out… I now need to record more meditation music to calm my arse!
The dark secrets.. well you know your truth.. don’t you.
When synchronicity slaps your loo loo. With syncopated rhythms. You glide into sounds of silent screams and dreams and avocado wellbeing. You are your own reflection. So reflect wisely. There are the people you will meet in your life that help you, give you the wisdom of mankind that only a true life lived soul can discuss. There are the lazy arsed vampires and bum chumps that collide and collude, can’t look you in the eye. By their own body language alone and behaviours, emit their own guilt. Whether you walk a well trodden path and blurt out ‘Baa’ or struggle through sunken sands with the storm in your eyes. The rollercoaster of life hits yer hard at times.
With the sometimes curse I am blessed with. I see you, I sense you, I feel you. I am you. I sometimes sit well in darkness. Most of the time I am bliss. The tortured blessed. The more I indulge in my calling. Those moments of happiness expand to days.
When true clarity is so blurred in this microscopic society. Where the hunter is hunted. Zen moments are pursued by the enlightened and seekers.
In Your World. Your ocean and the chop balance upon this flat Earth. You share with a maelstrom. It sucks you down.. underneath. Looking up into a southern metallic blue sky. You realise. It’s all over. What did I do while I was here?
I sit amongst and am surrounded by the unity, vibrational orgasms… that create a band. The laughter, the sweat, the thrill, the chaos, the calm, the comedown. The only motive in every second of performance is to make the best music you can.
The ego, the struggle, the muggles, the wants, the insecurity, the genius, disagreements. The family, festivals, rum, whisky, bottled water, broken strings, sticks, pulled muscles.
Extreme adrenaline. The rush. The crush. My muses, the losers. This journey is beyond an entertaining adventure. It’s so much more. I feel white noise for the ones that live in shadows. I embrace the light from the inspiring beings that ride on the rug that was your magic carpet.
Then we have the aliens and the truths… the comedy, the mood swings. I go back to who is your muse? You are surrounded by energy. Embrace.
Those moments, that you share only in you. That make or break at sunrise and travel alone into dusk.
After all.. when the dust settles. Where were you?
The Autumn Equinox, the harvest and changing of the seasons. I also cycle through the Wheel of the Year with composing tracks for my forthcoming album (2018 release) ‘8 Sabbats’by Earth Tree Healing.
The darkness is coming. I’m at the point of disillusionment in Muggleland. Whilst grateful the bills get paid and a few treats. Its very easy to get sucked into that vortex and remain totally unfulfilled and frustrated. Anxiety and stress levels increase. Change is on the horizon. Which is only a good thing. The stagnant pond that has been… needed it. A feeling of hopelessness has enveloped for a month. Whilst I accept I’ll never really fit into that world. It still stings. My soul and fingers are given to creative adventures. Once I enter the healing room/studio. Thats where the magic happens. Bliss returns. A rotation of Rose Quartz and Amethyst is pillow rotation to help the bad dreams of late.
Yes these current energies are creating havoc. When one feels them as I do. It makes my exposure to the bad ones, the liars, the lazys, the users, the manipulators .. one giant ice cream headache. In this world I am at time so very lost and disappointed with peoples selfishness.
Even after a week off on hols. We did some serious life reevaluating. I want to become a recluse for 6 months and recharge. But…the drive to succeed is strong. Sometimes you just have to get on and make the best of what today brings. But on a positive. The practicality and decision to better balance my life has been made and fingers crossed begins soon. The wants for a Hurdy Gurdy after a trip to Arundel Castle watching jousting is a treat waiting to happen.
Getting back to nature and my Pagan roots has been refreshing and inspiring. When one is all time consumed. The Universe will interject occurrences to freeze frame and rethink the master plan.
We spent last Sunday seeing old friends at Pagan Pridein Nottingham. The need to reconnect is now stronger than ever. A canal boat ride at Cromford Canal. On a sunny Saturday afternoon chatting to strangers was needed. I shot this video footage to Mabon.
A Psychic Supper last night with Sally Wathen at Rainbow Bridge. The realisation further being confirmed each time I visit to just do it! Things, synchronicity and sods law can have one almost bitter seething on the edge of a razor. When you find out the world is flat and enter the rabbit hole. Its time to step back. Switch it all off and make music.
“Some of the ugliest things are the loveliest things.”
It’s time to make waves
With quite a few albums in the pipeline for 2018 onwards. Claudine is a busy Bog Woppit. I keep affirming that everything is going to be ok. It is isnt it?
1 day later. An amazing opportunity occurred…. I love the Universe.
A day after that. Another box ticker. Hard work, dedication, positive mindset. Doing things for the right reason brings an incalculable abundance to my life here.
It shines so very brightly when the right path is followed. 🙂